Sunday 17 August 2014

I Comed Down from the Mountain



I didn't come'd down from the mountain
To worship no golden calf
I come'd down from the mountain
So folks could come on back

(I comed down from the mountain)

They starved us off of the mountain
When the coal mine shuttered closed
All the folks is leaving
Since their homes did got foreclosed

My cool sweet mountain voice
Was God's good gift to me
Now I'm cutting records
Down in Tennessee

Us mountain folks come down
Only now and then
We'll go home to the mountains
Any time we can

(I comed down from the mountain)

Oh my family mountain
With your cool sweet mountain dew
I cried, and cried, and cried the day
I walk on down from you

My voice was my only choice
For bringing back my kin
They love my sound in Nashville
But I ain't fittin in

(I comed down from the mountain)

Record folk keep telling me
I'll make it to the top
Back on top of the mountain
Is the only dream I got

I'll come home to my mountain
Where I once lived before
Back on home to my cabin
With the cool dirt mountain floor

No left turn at the valley
No right turn at the bend
There's one way to the mountain
And it's all uphill again

Climbing up is easy
When home is at the top
Climbing up is easy
When hope is all you got


(I'm going back home to the mountain)


No comments:

Post a Comment